Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Project underdevelopment

Coming next is my new series: Driving forward, looking back : Seeing ahead, shooting blind.

The concept has been developed with the first attempt at shooting it taking place over Labour weekend. More specifically on the drive to and then back from Napier.

The idea for this series germinated from many long trips on the open road and a piece of advice I once recieved - "The best shot is sometimes behind you, looking back from where you have come".

So what is the concept? Well, taking shots of the view in my drivers side window (Driving forward, looking back), long exposure for a blurred background and once again using Ilford Delta 3200 (my favourite b & w film). Initially. I may switch to Ilford HP5 400. All shots will be taken while I am concentrating on the road ahead, so I will not be composing the images at all (seeing ahead, shooting blind).

Stay tuned to see how it all turns out.

No comments: