Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Update - Landcape of the Body

Previously (June 2005) I posted on a project I have had under development for some time. Well, recently I had the opportunity to actually shoot some images for this project. I have to thank my willing and brave models who ventured out into a very cold wintry Wellington night. I really must say I found the whole proces very challenging indeed, from dealing with the lighting to trying to be at ease with a nude model. In all honesty it was rather intimidating and I can only think it will be a lot easier when the second session is under way.

The session met all my objectives as really, it was a trial of the lighting, film selection and poses for the models. It was a great learning experience and certainly pushed me outside of my comfort zone. It has made me rethink the whole project - what am I trying to achieve, the poses and all the technical issues. I was really disappointed with the lighting and this requires a whole new approach.

One other thing I found fustrating if not disappointing was the quality of the prints from the lab who are normally quite reliable. I happened to pick the one day when the person who normally does the printing was away. What I need to do now is spend some time in the darkroom working the print into a quality where I can make some decent judgement on the 'where to from here'.

I would love to be able to post some samples of the session but once again I am having trouble uploading these particular images. However, I will keep trying.

Update: having failed to be able to upload these images, please visit my alternative blog lightandtexture.vox.com I have posted them there.

No comments: