Friday, June 24, 2005

Landscape of the Body




My focus (pardon the pun) now turns to my next project - Landscape of the Body. A subject that has been under development for a number of months. A significant amount of prework has been undertaken covering both the technical and creative processes.


The puropse of the project is to explore the human (female) form. This will be another black & white body of work (not another pun), tightly cropped with strong (although somewhat softened where required) directional light. It is vey much a light and texture project.

For some of you it is an extension of a series I shot earlier this year (as shown to the left) but concentrating on other parts of the body and the relationship with shape and light.

In fact I have two other extensions to this concept that I will pogress onto once this piece is complete.

With the technical issues and composition concepts sorted my attention now turns to securing someone to pose for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent treatment of water beading
reminds me of a shot I once saw of Cassius Clay punching George forma and the water droplets were frozen in space and time.



keep up the good work