Monday, June 27, 2005

Zoomania




The team from The Creative Eye (well half of the class) descended on Wgtn Zoo on Saturday afternoon for a couple hours of shooting. No need to worry, no animals were harmed in the making of our creative interpretations of zoo life. Armed (there I go again) with only our camera gear and our designated animal personality we set forth to untap the treasure trove of photographic images that the Zoo contains.

For me shooting under the guise of a Merkat initially proved to be an interesting challenge. Not that the challenge deminished as the day progressed but simply the enjoyment increased as the difficulty of getting into character decreased. I like to think I've taken some 'keepers'.

All in all it was a fun day. Ideally I would like to continue with this concept. I am sure the interest is there in the group to continue to do so on a monthly basis. My initial thoughts would be for us to meet and draw up a list of possible venues and topics with each member taking turns to decide the topic of the day. It would be interesting for everyone to be given the same topic to see how we individually interpret it.

Of course the real value will be in meeting after the photo shoot to compare, critique and be inspired by the groups work.

Stay tuned for developments.

No comments: