Monday, June 13, 2005

The stalking continues

My adventures of capturing unsuspecting Wellingtonians continued over the weekend. It all started on Friday night at a farewell at Red Square in Courtenay Place. Shots were taken and drinks were had. At first as suspected I did feel a bit conspicuous but once I got snapping I was fine. Although I am sure I was assisted by the Henekin I was consuming as well. So plenty of pics were taken while I was in a state to do so.

Over the course of the weekend I managed to spend time taking photos in the Deli in Aro St, Fidels and the Tasting Room. It was a case of making sure I had the camera with me all the time especially when I thought I might be in a situation I could use for my conceptual piece.

One realisation I did have whilst at Fidels which annoyed me, was the fact I should be using the remote for my camera (I had left it at home in my camera bag). In this way I can strategically place my camera and without having to touch it (and hence alert people to my actions) I can use the remotre to trip the shutter. I did experiment with this technique at the Tasting Room and will continue to experiement.

But after a rather full weekend of activity I am now quite used to taking pics in a public place. In fact I now feel rather cheeky in trying to get as many shots I can of unsuspecting victims. Which I feel rather pleased about.

So now I'm keen to see the results of the weekends adventures and to critique my work so that I can hone this skill even further.

No comments: